What a couple of months!
If you read the roadmap for 2026 that I posted on my Patreon site, you know I had some ambitious goals for this year. In fact, I admitted I planned much more than I probably could handle. What I didn’t account for, however, was being sidetracked by a couple of life changing events that happened to me beginning in early June.
At the start of that month, I suffered a major heart attack. What I originally thought was heat stroke ended up with me receiving four stents in my right coronary artery. I spent a couple of days in the hospital and several more recovering at home. Furthermore, I began a regiment of cardio rehab several times a week. Needless to say, it took a bit for my strength and motivation to return and my regular schedule had to be rearranged. I no longer had as much time to work on my projects as I had previously. Even so, after several weeks I was able to post another chapter of Cyenannore, bringing the story to a natural pausing point and allowing me to place it on temporary hiatus. (To be fair, I was already planning on pausing that story at that point to explore some other games to wrap up the year.)
Unfortunately, almost two months after the heart attack, it all started again. I was hit with a gall bladder attack which sent me back to the hospital. The gall bladder was infected and really needed to be removed, however, because of my new heart attack medication, surgery would have been risky and that was only being considered as a last resort. Instead, they treated me with strong antibiotics, which resulted in a week’s stay at the hospital.
This event affected me much harder than the heart attack. After I was released, I felt horrible and had no strength or desire to do anything other than sit, consume media, and sleep. This lasted for a week or more and nothing but the most essential activities were done. (It was almost a week before I even booted up a computer, which is unheard of for me.)
All of this put me behind on my plans for Tev’s Next Idea and my sister site, Half Air, requiring me to make some alterations. Right up front, I’ll say that while TNI is more fun and scratches many more itches, Half Air is my priority. My plans over there were to get through a series on the Ten Commandments before the end of the year, a task that I believe is ultimately more important than anything I post regarding solo roleplaying. That doesn’t mean I’m abandoning TNI till next year, but it does mean that I won’t have the time to get as much done.
The priorities for Tev’s Next Idea are still the same as they were at the start of the year, which was to establish my new video series Solo T.O.O.T.. Originally, I planned to post seven episodes in 2026. That’s not going to happen, but I don’t think I will miss that target by much. I’ve already started writing the fifth installment and the last episode I had planned is very much themed to the end of the year. Because of that, I either have to do it soon or push it back for another year, and I don’t want to do that. If I am successful, I will have posted six of the seven episodes, only having to move one episode to next year.
As for solo roleplays, however, I don’t expect to be posting much more this year, if anything. I still would like to dip into Mausritter if I can find the time, but I doubt I will be doing a journaling game this year and it’s unlikely I’ll be posting any holiday themed content.
In the meantime, thanks for reading and I look forward to 2027 when I hope to conclude Cyenannore, post several more Solo T.O.O.T.s, and explore more games.
No comments:
Post a Comment